Friday, May 15, 2009

Home for the Weekend

We are all home for the weekend. Drained doesn't even begin to describe how we are all feeling. Testimony from other victims is particularly hard. We feel their fear and pain in a way. The biggest thing that has come out of the trial so far is that this animal is a predator. He stalks and waits and then attacks. The defense is attempting to blame his alcohol addiction because that relieves him of some responsibility in their minds I guess. There are updates on Atlanta news stations if anyone is interested. Closing arguments are set for Monday at 8:00am. The case will probably go to the jury Monday afternoon. Then we wait for the verdict, and as soon as that is read I believe they will start sentencing (or shortly thereafter). So we have another long haul coming but are relieved to get through this phase. I am not sure how to express how much we appreciate the thoughts and prayers we know are out there. This is by far the hardest thing I have had to get through in my life, and we all feel each other's pain which just compounds the sadness.

1 comment:

  1. I jumped from my chair and said!
    "Praise the Lord!!!!"

    although bittersweet, I am glad to feel a Victory for Jenny (Go Girl!) and renewed sense of faith in the justice system.

    As always, many prayers and much support for your family.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete