Monday, May 18, 2009

The Verdict

Ledford was found guilty today on all 10 charges today.  The jury was out for a little over an hour.  The sentencing phase has already begun.  Five or six women who have been approached in some way by Ledford are being heard first.  It is amazing how deep his depravity goes.  He truly is a predator.  

The family will be giving victim impact statements tomorrow.  I go next to last (for those of you who know me at all, yes I am nervous).  Ma goes last...I am anticipating a nerve-wracking day but at least I can get back in the court room after I read my statement.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer before everyone gets home for good, but until then, sitting through the defense testimony against the death penalty will be tortuous.  

Thank you all for your continuing support...

1 comment:

  1. I know you are a strong person and I know you can do this. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete