Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two Days In...

We have gotten through two days of testimony.  Big Jimmy, George and Margaret have all testified to basically establish a time line.  Also, Ledford's actions on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 were tracked.  Sitting in the courtroom is at times boring, always tiring, frustrating and sad.  The testimonies of policemen and detectives is repetitious and slow.  I think we should be here for Jenny.  I wish there was something more we could do, but right now, it seems right to represent her in the courtroom.  
Day two was extremely rough.  Crime scene photos were presented.  Once again, it seems like the right thing to sit in the room and acknowledge our anger and sadness.  I'll be glad to get home for the weekend and it's only Tuesday.
Thanks to Will Gaither, Mary Ann Watters and Suzy Voyles for coordinating lunch and dinner for all of us...

4 comments:

  1. Continued prayers of strength and endurance for all of you. We stand by you and behind you as you are there in the courtroom for Jenny. You are consistently in my thoughts.

    Much love to the Ewings and Slocumbs.

    Alison Bell Langmack

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire Slocumb/Ewing family is in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time in your lives. Praying God's peace for you all.

    Jennifer and John Kelly
    Macon, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone knows that ya'll are a very strong family!! I will keep the entire family in my thoughts and prayers. If anyone needs anything, just give me a call.

    When God sends you on stony paths He will provide you with strong shoes, and will not send you out on any journey for which He does not equip you well.

    Levon Kitchens
    Macon, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige, I just don't have the words. I can't express it. I love you - I love you all- and I loved her the short time I could.

    ReplyDelete